ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter.
- Evaluation of the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
My work as a freelance web designer and developer is a likely extension of an employment history that has focused on combined information and managing it to meet the needs of a variety of end users. My expertise base has been built on increasing an understanding of how and why people look for, locate and use information – in any circumstance and any system, but especially on the web.Before my current work designing, building, redeveloping and optimizing websites, I worked with companies such as University of St. La Salle, Cyber Pop Web, Iloilo Doctors College, California Medical, Adesso, Los Angeles Times and now with National Football League.
I also spent several years working in non-profit environments and pro-bono organizations where information relevance, accuracy and usefulness are of truly critical importance.
Following a decade working with people and communities, I developed a principle in the merits of collective access and I apply this to my web development work. This feeds naturally into an likeness with web standards, semantic markup and valid code.
My Favorite Quote:
“He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination.”
– José P. Rizal