Boracay undergoing ‘selfie’ development
BORACAY Island, April 10 (PNA) — This resort island is undergoing ‘selfie’ development in order to ensure environmental sustainability, said by an official of the Boracay Redevelopment Task Force.
Mabel Bacani, of the redevelopment task force, said that the current summer ‘selfie’ shots are trending both with local residents and tourists coming here.
“We took ‘selfie’ shots in order for us to know what and who we are. In the same manner, we in the government took some focus on Boracay in order to determine how we could be able to improve the tourism industry,” said Bacani.
At present, the task force reported that there are only two establishments in the front beach which has illegal structures to be demolished. The massive demolition of hundreds of illegal structures started last year.
“As soon as we finish the demolition process, we will be moving to Phase two of the program,” she said.
The Phase 2 includes demolition of illegal structures in resorts affected by the 25+5 easement rule of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
Bacani said that residents affected by the easement rule will be exempted from demolition as ordered by the Department of Tourism (DoT).
The redevelopment task force includes DENR, DoT, Department of Interior and Local Government, the Philippine National Police and local government of Malay, among others.(PNA)
Tell me what you think
Posted on: April 10, 2014,
by : MR Somo