Miss Dinagyang 2014 Winner Michelle Marie Monte
ILOILO CITY, January 24 (PIA) — The newly crowned Miss Iloilo Dinagyang 2014 who shall serve as city’s ambassador of tourism for the year is proud of the Ilonggo’s rich culture and heritage.
Michelle Marie Monte, a political science graduate from West Visayas State University, bested nine other contestants including Shireen Shahmardani who was adjudged first runner up and Angelith Joyce Libardo who was second runner up, in the coronation night held Wednesday at the University of San Agustin Gym here.
Monte, along with the Shahmardani and Libardo, were asked to give reasons to complete the city’s campaign slogan “I am Iloilo, Proud to be Ilonggo”.
She said that being born and raised in this city and knowing its culture, traditions, and way of life makes her beam with Ilongga pride.
On one hand, Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog said that the annual Miss Dinagyang pageant is an excellent venue for the Ilonggo ladies especially the youth to showcase their talent and positive attitude.
He said that the activity gives the opportunity for the young people to experience how to become independent, responsible, and be good citizens.
He also said that the Miss Dinagyang winner shall serve as the city’s new ambassador of goodwill who will not only promote the city in the country but all over the world.
He added that the event also showcased a successful public-private partnership which paved way for the Dinagyang festival to be recognized as the best tourism event in the country. (JCM/LTP/PIA-Iloilo)
– See more at: http://news.pia.gov.ph/index.php?article=2421390745673#sthash.8pnz5BWx.dpuf
- Michelle Marie Monte (#1) – Miss Iloilo Dinagyang 2014
- Shireen Shahmardani (#10) – 1st Runner Up
- Angelith Joyce Libardo (#5) – 2nd Runner Up
- Shireen Shahmardani (#10) – Best in Interview
- Michelle Marie Monte (#1) – Best in Production Number
- Michelle Marie Monte (#1) – Best in Evening Gown
- Cerline Rose Daruca (#3) – Best in Festival Costume
- Shireen Shahmardani (#10) – Best in Swimwear
- Shireen Shahmardani (#10) – Best in Casual Wear
- Shireen Shahmardani (#10) – Ms. Congeniality
Tell me what you think
Posted on: January 28, 2014,
by : MR Somo